UPDATE 9/30/2019: NEVCC is currently seeking enthusiastic applicants for both F/T or P/T Veterinary Technicians as well as a P/T Exam Room Assistant. Please see below for relevant job descriptions as well as details on the application process. Please read thoroughly before applying.
At Northeastern Veterinary Care Center, our goal is to provide top quality veterinary care delivered with compassion, kindness, and respect. Doing so requires a highly-specialized team of veterinary professionals dedicated not only to bringing comfort to the pets entrusted to our care, but meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of our valued clients.
Equally important to us here at NEVCC is creating a mutually respectful team-based environment. One where our staff can serve others, while enjoying a workplace that is safe, fun, and rewarding with opportunities for professional development. We are interested in people who not only want to work with animals, but care for the people who love those animals. Specifically, candidates should possess strong communication skills, solid work ethic, a willingness to learn, and the ability to work closely with others.
Thank you for your interest in a position here at Northeastern Veterinary Care Center (NEVCC). Below is a list of what we feel is important in the evaluation process prior to meeting with applicants. The following items are required by all applicants for evaluation prior to initiating the interview process and/or before the successful applicant is hired:
- Completion of an application for employment. This document requests your name, address, and phone number; ability or inability to work certain shifts; limitations regarding your ability to fulfill the job description; felony convictions; education, training, and skills; wage desired; availability to begin work; and prior employment history (including salaries and reason for leaving). You may download this application via the link above. Alternatively, you may contact the clinic directly to request a copy.
- The submission of a resume which includes current residence; educational background; descriptions of previous work experiences and technical skills; leadership roles held; personal interests, activities, hobbies; and references with phone numbers.
- The provision of references we may contact to help disclose the quality of work applicants have performed elsewhere and provide insights to the candidate’s personality. The doctors and/or other staff members at NEVCC may contact references even before we schedule an interview.
- All applicants will be asked to review the appropriate job description explaining the job for which they are applying. This document certifies that candidates understand the duties required to fill the position. Links for job descriptions at NEVCC can be found above.
- Final candidates must pass a pre-hiring substance abuse blood or urine test.
Feel free to contact our hospital administrator, Clayton Beal, at (860)980-3047 should you have any questions or require further assistance as you apply for work at this location. You may also make inquiries via email to [email protected] Please note that for your good health, and that of our staff, we are a smoke free workplace.